- renunciation (n.)
- late 14c., "action of renouncing," from Latin renuntiationem (nominative renuntiatio), noun of action from past participle stem of renuntiare "renounce" (see renounce).
- 1. Gandhi exemplified the virtues of renunciation, asceticism and restraint.
- 2. the renunciation of violence
- 3. The talks were dependent on a renunciation of terrorism.
- 4. Renunciation of pleasure has always been very hard to man.
- 5. I cannot say that I think much of your great renunciation.
[ renunciation 造句 ]