- adj. 脆弱的；浅薄的；易损坏的；不周密的
- n. 薄纸；复写纸；打字纸
TEM8 IELTS GRE
1. perhaps a metathesis of film (n.) "gauzy covering" + -y / -sy.
2. flim- (谐音“覆泥膜”----覆盖泥土的薄膜)。
可能来自film的拼写变体，薄膜，膜片，引申词义脆弱的，劣质的。-s, 复数后缀，比较ballsy, folksy. 或直接来自flimflam, 胡扯，欺骗，劣质。
- flimsy (adj.)
- 1702, of unknown origin, perhaps a metathesis of film (n.) "gauzy covering" + -y (2). Figuratively (of arguments, etc.) from 1750s. Related: Flimsily; flimsiness.
- 1. She was wearing a flimsy pink dress that streamed out behind her.
- 2. The storm flattened the flimsy wooden huts that the villagers lived in.
- 3. She felt cold in her flimsy dress.
- 4. This kind of paper is flimsy.
- 5. She was wearing only a thin robe over a flimsy nightdress, and her feet were bare.
[ flimsy 造句 ]