CET6+ TEM4 考 研 TOEFL
来自PIE*peku, 牛。引申词义耕作，耕种，指有土地所有权的国王或庄园领主把土地封给其臣民或臣子进行耕作，以臣民或臣子上交一定的地租或提供劳务服务做为交换，类似于中国古代的分封制。该词与feud没有任何词源联系。比较其同源词fee, pecuniary.
- feudal: see fee
- feudal (adj.)
- 1610s, "pertaining to feuds," estates of land granted by a superior on condition of services to be rendered to the grantor, from Medieval Latin feudalis, from feudum "feudal estate, land granted to be held as a benefice," of Germanic origin (cognates: Gothic faihu "property," Old High German fihu "cattle;" see fee). Related to Middle English feodary "one who holds lands of an overlord in exchange for service" (late 14c.). Not related to feud.
- 1. Diplomacy was in his blood: his ancestors had been feudal lords.
- 2. Feudal rulers ruled over the country several thousand years.
- 3. The feudal system lasted for two thousand years in China.
- 4. Many people look back with nostalgia to feudal times.
- 5. This historical novel illustrates the breaking up of feudal society in microcosm.
[ feudal 造句 ]