- vt. 使结盟；使成一行；匹配
- vi. 排列；排成一行
CET6+ TEM8 GRE
前缀ad-, 去往。法语lign, 同line, 线，插入字母g。
- align (v.)
- early 15c., "to copulate" (of wolves, dogs), literally "to range (things) in a line," from Middle French aligner, from Old French alignier "set, lay in line," from à "to" (see ad-) + lignier "to line," from Latin lineare, from linea (see line (n.)). Transitive or reflexive sense of "to fall into line" is from 1853. International political sense is attested from 1934. No justification for the French spelling, and aline was an early native form. Related: Aligned; aligning.
- 1. He has attempted to align the Socialists with the environmental movement.
- 2. A tripod will be useful to align and steady the camera.
- 3. As long as the verticals align, the design will look regular.
- 4. Align the ruler and the middle of the paper.
- 5. Click on this icon to align or justify text.
[ align 造句 ]