- n. 毒药；祸害；灭亡的原因
- n. (Bane)人名；(法)巴纳；(塞)巴内；(日)伴卫(名)；(英)贝恩
来自PIE *gwhen, 击，杀。词源同gun, 枪。defend, 挡开，防御。
- bane (n.)
- Old English bana "killer, slayer, murderer; the devil," from Proto-Germanic *banon, cognate with *banja- "wound" (cognates: Old Frisian bona "murderer," Old Norse bani, Old High German bana "murder," Old English benn "wound," Gothic banja "stroke, wound"), from PIE root *gwhen- "to strike, kill, wound" (cognates: Avestan banta "ill"). Modern sense of "that which causes ruin or woe" is from 1570s.
- 1. Rain is the bane of holiday-makers.
- 2. The neighbours' kids are the bane of my life .
- 3. A swine over fat is the cause of his own bane.
- 4. Avarice is the bane to happiness.
- 5. Spots can be the bane of a teenager's life.
[ bane 造句 ]