CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
- passport (n.)
- c. 1500, from Middle French passeport "authorization to pass through a port" to enter or leave a country (15c.), from passe, imperative of Old French passer "to pass" (see pass (v.)) + port "port" (see port (n.1)).
- 1. Passport checks will remain the first line of defence against terrorists.
- 2. For foreign holidays you will need a valid passport.
- 3. Inside the passport was a folded slip of paper.
- 4. Evans was trying to obtain a false passport and other documents.
- 5. He went straight through Passport Control without incident.
[ passport 造句 ]