- vt. 束缚；拘束；阻碍
- n. 拘束；束缚；束缚物
- n. (Trammel)人名；(英)特拉梅尔
1. tri- "three" + macula "a mesh, mesh in a net," (see mail (n.2)) originally "spot, blemish," on notion that the gaps in a net or mesh looked like spots.
2. => tremaculum "a net made from three layers of meshes" => Old French tramail "fine-gauged fishnet" => trammel "net to catch fish".
来自古法语 tramail,鱼网，特指比较精细的鱼网，来自拉丁语 tremaculum,鱼网，可能来自 tri-, 三，macula,网眼，网纱，词源同 mail.其原义可能为三层网纱制成的鱼网。引申词义束缚， 限制。
- trammel (n.)
- mid-14c., "net to catch fish" (implied in trammeller "one who fishes with a trammel net"), from Old French tramail "fine-gauged fishnet" (13c.), from Late Latin tremaculum, perhaps meaning "a net made from three layers of meshes," from Latin tri- "three" (see tri-) + macula "a mesh" (see mail (n.2)). Meaning "anything that hinders" is from 1650s, originally "a hobble for a horse" (c. 1500). Italian tramaglio, Spanish trasmallo are French loan-words.
- trammel (v.)
- 1530s, originally "to bind up (a corpse);" sense of "hinder, restrain" is from 1727, from trammel (n.), a figurative use from the literal sense "bind (a horse's legs) with a trammel" (c. 1600). Related: Trammeled; trammeling.
- 1. No longer trammel by his responsibility as chairman, he can say what he wish.
- 他不当董事长就不受职务约束了, 想说什么就说什么.
- 2. Lori Trammel skanked her way through the entire football team!
- 3. To adjust or align ( mechanical parts ) with a trammel.
- 用量规调整或校正 ( 机械部件 )
[ trammel 造句 ]