1、wile => guile.
2、gu <=> w.
3、guile <=> wile.
- guile (n.)
- mid-12c., from Old French guile "deceit, wile, fraud, ruse, trickery," probably from Frankish *wigila "trick, ruse" or a related Germanic source, from Proto-Germanic *wih-l- (cognates: Old Frisian wigila "sorcery, witchcraft," Old English wig "idol," Gothic weihs "holy," German weihen "consecrate"), from PIE root *weik- (2) "consecrated, holy."
- 1. His cunning and guile were not attributes I would ever underestimate.
- 2. He is full of guile.
- 3. A swindler uses guile; a robber uses force.
- 骗子用诈术; 强盗用武力.
- 4. I love children's innocence and lack of guile.
- 5. Here was neither guile nor rapacity.
来自英汉文学 - 嘉莉妹妹
[ guile 造句 ]