CET6 TEM8 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
1. 乐百氏(Robust): 广东乐百氏集团是闻名全国的大型食品饮料企业，是法国达能集团旗下企业，中国饮料工业十强企业之一。
2. red => Latin ruber "red" => robust.
来自拉丁语 robustus,强健的，强壮的，来自 robus,硬木材，特指橡木，来自 ruber,红色的， 词源同 ruby,red.因橡木红色的树心而得名，即像橡木一样结实的。
- robust:  By a series of semantic twists, robust is related to red. It comes ultimately from Indo- European *reudh- ‘red’ (source of English red). This produced Latin rōbus, which was applied to a particular sort of oak tree with reddish wood. The oak being synonymous with strength, rōbus in due course came to mean ‘strength’. This was carried over into the derived rōbustus ‘firm, strong, solid’, from which English gets robust, and also into the verb rōborāre ‘strengthen’, source of English corroborate .
=> corroborate, red
- robust (adj.)
- 1540s, from Middle French robuste (14c.) and directly from Latin robustus "strong and hardy," literally "as strong as oak," originally "oaken," from robur, robus "hard timber, strength," also "a special kind of oak," named for its reddish heartwood, from Latin ruber "red" (related to robigo "rust"), from PIE *reudh- (see red (adj.1)). Related: Robustly; robustness. Robustious (1540s) was a common form in 17c. (see "Hamlet" iii.2); it fell from use by mid-18c., but was somewhat revived by mid-19c. antiquarian writers.
- 1. The Neanderthals were very robust and quite different from us.
- 2. He replied in characteristically robust style.
- 3. She was almost 90, but still very robust.
- 4. That chair's not very robust; don't sit on it.
- 那把椅子不太结实, 别坐它了.
- 5. I want something sequacious now and robust.
[ robust 造句 ]