TEM8 GRE TOEFL
3. ple- / plet- "fill" => plen- "fill full".
- replenish (v.)
- mid-14c., from Old French repleniss-, extended present participle stem of replenir "to fill up," from re-, here probably an intensive prefix, + -plenir, from Latin plenus "full" (see plenary). Related: Replanished; replenishing.
- 1. The government is trying to replenish supplies by airlifting food.
- 2. There is a concern about replenish-ment of the population.
- 3. Three hundred thousand tons of cereals are needed to replenish stocks.
- 4. to replenish food and water supplies
- 5. Without money to remit to Shanghai, he couldn't replenish his stock.
- 没有现钱寄到上海去, 就拿不到货.
来自汉英文学 - 林家铺子
[ replenish 造句 ]