- vi. 舒适地坐定；偎依；半隐半现地处于
- vt. 抱；安置
1. nest + -le => nestle "build a nest".
2. => settle (oneself) comfortably.
- nestle (v.)
- Old English nestlian "build a nest," from nest (see nest (n.)). Figurative sense of "settle (oneself) comfortably, snuggle" is first recorded 1540s. Related: Nestled; nestling.
- 1. Ms Nestle explains how the structure of the pet - food industry made things worse.
- 2. John took one child into the crook of each arm and let them nestle against him.
- 3. It must nestle everywhere, settle everywhere, establish connexions everywhere.
- 它必须到处落户,到处开发, 到处建立联系.
来自英汉非文学 - 共产党宣言
- 4. Its snow - white houses nestle cosily in a sea of fresh green vegetation.
- 5. She tried to nestle deep away in herself.
[ nestle 造句 ]