1. 谐音“死围死、四围死” ---- 死死的围住。
来自 swath 的动词形式。比较 bath,bathe.
- swathe (v.)
- "to bind with bandages, swaddle, wrap," Old English swaþian "to swathe, wrap up," from swaðu "track, trace" (see swath). The noun meaning "infant's swaddling bands" was found in Old English as swaþum (dative plural). Related: Swathed; swathing.
- 1. On May 1st the army took over another swathe of territory.
- 2. Keegan's team have been cutting an irresistible swathe through the first division.
- 3. The storm cut a swathe through southern England.
- 4. The combine had cut a swathe around the edge of the field.
- 5. Torrential rain and a howling tempest cut a swathe of destruction across the country.
[ swathe 造句 ]