- vi. 进餐，用餐
- vt. 宴请
- n. (Dine)人名；(意、葡)迪内；(英)戴恩；(法)迪纳
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
来自拉丁语*disjejunare, dis-, 不，非，使相反，jejunare,斋戒，词源同jejune. 即结束斋戒，开始进餐，早餐。
- dine: see dinner
- dine (v.)
- late 13c., from Old French disner (Modern French dîner) "to dine, eat, have a meal," originally "take the first meal of the day," from stem of Gallo-Roman *desjunare "to break one's fast," from Vulgar Latin *disjejunare, from dis- "undo" (see dis-) + Late Latin jejunare "to fast," from Latin iejunus "fasting, hungry" (see jejune).
- 1. They used to enjoy going out to dine.
- 2. I wish I could afford to dine off fresh meat every day.
- 3. Let's dine out tonight. I'm too tired to cook.
- 我太累了,不想做饭, 今晚咱们到外面吃吧.
- 4. Does the Queen really dine off the gold plates?
- 女王真的用金盘子进餐 吗 ?
- 5. How long can she dine out on her former success?
- 她靠往日的成功而享名的日子能有多久 呢 ?
[ dine 造句 ]