- vt. 筛选；撒；过滤；详查
- vi. 筛；详查；撒下；细究
- n. (Sift)人名；(匈)希夫特
CET6+ TEM4 GRE CET6
1. sift => sieve.
来自古英语 siftan,筛出，来自 Proto-Germanic*sib,筛，词源同 sieve,seep.引申比喻义筛选，检 查等。
- sift (v.)
- Old English siftan "pass (something) through a sieve," from Proto-Germanic *sib- (cognates: Dutch ziften, Middle Low German sichten, German sichten "to sift;" see sieve (n.)). Intransitive sense "to pass loosely or fall scatteredly" is from 1590s. Metaphoric sense of "look carefully through" first recorded 1530s. Related: Sifted; sifting.
- 1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- 2. Sift the flour into a bowl.
- 3. Sift out the wheat from the chaff.
- 4. Police officers have continued to sift through the wreckage following yesterday's bomb attack.
- 5. Why didn't you sift some sugar on to the cake?
- 你为什么没在糕点上撒点糖 呢 ?
[ sift 造句 ]