TEM8 IELTS GRE
来自 stay 的过去分词古拼写形式，引申比喻义古板的，一本正经的。
- staid: see stay
- staid (adj.)
- 1540s, "fixed, permanent," adjectival use of stayed, past participle of stay (v.). Meaning "sober, sedate" first recorded 1550s. Related: Staidly.
- 1. He had grown staid and dull.
- 2. The locals were a very staid lot.
- 3. Her thoughts were staid and solemnly adapted to a condition.
来自英汉文学 - 嘉莉妹妹
- 4. She is a staid woman, isn't she, my little man?
- 小子,她是个稳重的女人, 对 吗 ?
- 5. Staid men and good scholars at first expressed mirth.
[ staid 造句 ]