- vt. 宣布放弃；与…断绝关系；垫牌
- vi. 放弃权利；垫牌
- n. 垫牌
CET6+ TEM4 GRE TOEFL
re-,向后，往回，-nounc,说话，通知，词源同 announce,denounce.即收回已经说过的话，引申 词义声明放弃，摒弃。
- renounce: see pronounce
- renounce (v.)
- late 14c., from Old French renoncier "give up, cede" (12c., Modern French renoncer), from Latin renuntiare "bring back word; proclaim; protest against, renounce," from re- "against" (see re-) + nuntiare "to report, announce," from nuntius "messenger" (see nuncio). Related: Renounced; renouncing.
- 1. I call on everyone to renounce the use of violence and armed struggle.
- 2. The treaties renounce the use of force and pledge the two countries to co-operation.
- 3. 'Are they both yours to renounce?
- “ 家产和法国是你的么,你凭什么放弃?
来自英汉文学 - 双城记
- 4. " I have determined to renounce the Throne "
- “ 我已决定放弃王位 ”
- 5. She decided to renounce the world and enter a convent.
[ renounce 造句 ]