CET6 IELTS GRE 考 研
- commonwealth: see wealth
- commonwealth (n.)
- late 15c., "public welfare, general good," from common (adj.) + wealth (n.); meaning "the state" is attested from 1510s; applied specifically to the government of England in the period 1649-1660.
- 1. The Commonwealth Development Corporation has agreed to reschedule Tanzania's debt.
- 2. In 1987 Canada played host to the Commonwealth Conference.
- 3. a member of the Commonwealth
- 4. He is the chairman of the commonwealth of artists.
- 5. Theatres were closed during the Commonwealth.
[ commonwealth 造句 ]