- hank: see hook
- hank (n.)
- late 13c., "a loop of rope" (in nautical use), probably from a Scandinavian source such as Old Norse hönk "a hank, coil," hanki "a clasp (of a chest);" ultimately related to hang (v.). From 1550s as a length of yarn or thread.
- 1. Hank explained our predicament.
- 2. Beets are Hank's favorite vegetable.
- 3. But was that enough for Hank ? No , siree.
- 但对于老 Hank,这还远远不够, 真的不够.
- 4. He is trying to wind a hank of wool into balls.
- 5. A hank of cotton yarn measures 840 yards.
[ Hank 造句 ]