- n. 优先；优先权；[数] 优先次序；优先考虑的事
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- priority (n.)
- late 14c., "state of being earlier," from Old French priorite (14c.), from Medieval Latin prioritatem (nominative prioritas) "fact or condition of being prior," from Latin prior (see prior (adj.)). From c. 1400 as "precedence in right or rank." Wyclif (early 15c.) renders prioritas into (Middle) English as furtherhead.
- 1. Spain's top priority is the signing of an EMU treaty.
- 2. The government has pledged to give the promotion of democracy higher priority.
- 3. Protection of sites, habitats and landscapes is of uppermost priority.
- 4. Priority will be given to those who apply early.
- 5. The Labour Party has not made the issue a high priority.
[ priority 造句 ]