- n. 轮廓；等高线；周线；电路；概要
- vt. 画轮廓；画等高线
- n. (Contour)人名；(法)孔图尔
con-, 强调。-tour, 转，词源同turn, tourism.
- contour (n.)
- 1660s, a term in painting and sculpture, from French contour "circumference, outline," from Italian and Medieval Latin contornare "to go around," from Latin com-, intensive prefix (see com-), + tornare "to turn (on a lathe);" see turn (v.).
First recorded application to topography is from 1769. Earlier the word was used to mean "bedspread, quilt" (early 15c.) in reference to its falling over the sides of the mattress. Related: Contoured. Contour line in geography is from 1844.
- 1. There were three moderate climbs to just below the 450 feet contour.
- 2. The contour of the Atlantic coast of America is very irregular.
- 3. Contour is NASA's second mission dedicated to studying comets.
- “孔杜尔”号(contour的 音译,国内一般意译为“彗核旅行” 或者 “测绘”)是NASA( 美国宇航局)专门用于彗星研究的第二次任务号.
- 4. All three basins are enclosed by the 1900 m depth contour.
- 5. The area representing Q 1 is indicated by contour shading.
[ contour 造句 ]