英 ['vɜːdjə; -jʊə]
- n. 碧绿
- n. (Verdure)人名；(法)韦迪尔
2. virid (谐音“我绿的”) => verd- "green" => verdure, verdant, verdigris.
3. verdigris <====> verdure, verdant.
- verdure (n.)
- late 14c., "fresh green color," from Old French verdure "greenness, greenery, green fields, herbs," from verd, variant of vert "green" (12c.), from Latin viridis (source of Spanish, Italian verde), related to virere "be green," of unknown origin. Perhaps ultimately from a root meaning "growing plant" and cognate with Lithuanian veisti "propagate," Old Norse visir "bud, sprout," Old English wise "sprout, stalk, etc." Meaning "green plants, vegetation" is attested from c. 1400.
- 1. The hills are covered with verdure.
- 2. The rugged surface of the Palatine was muffled with tender verdure.
- 3. On every side were wooded mountain tops, green with tropical verdure.
- 四面八方都是树木成林的山峰, 呈现出热带的青葱草木.
- 4. The hill laughs with verdure.
- 5. Towns in the populous trees , with hanging gardens of verdure.
- 熙熙攘攘的城镇, 悬吊着翠绿的园林.
[ verdure 造句 ]