英 美 [ɪn'dɛvɚ]
- n. 努力；尽力（等于endeavour）
- vi. 努力；尽力（等于endeavour）
- vt. 努力；尽力（等于endeavour）
CET6 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL
en-, 进入，使。-deavor, 债务，责任，词源同debt.
- endeavor (n.)
- early 15c., "pains taken to attain an object," literally "in duty," from phrase put (oneself) in dever "make it one's duty" (a partial translation of Old French mettre en deveir "put in duty"), from Old French dever "duty," from Latin debere "to owe" (see debt). One's endeavors meaning one's "utmost effort" is from late 15c.
- endeavor (v.)
- c. 1400, from phrase put in dever (see endeavor (n.)). Related: Endeavored; endeavoring.
- 1. Thereupon, we knew, our endeavor was valuable.
- 于是, 我们知道, 我们的努力是有价值的!
- 2. Implying that human endeavor could turn back the tides of fate.
来自汉英文学 - 围城
- 3. We endeavor to make our customers satisfied.
- 4. We shall endeavor to clear up these points for you.
- 5. We shall naturally endeavor to win them to our side.
[ endeavor 造句 ]