- n. 马铃薯；小锄头；剥取树皮用的刀
- vt. 用小锄头挖掘
俚语，可能来自 spade,铲子，挖洞，种土豆。比较 pork,猪肉，原义猪，字面意思为喜欢拱 的动物，词源同 furrow,沟，垄。
- spud (n.)
- mid-15c., "small or poor knife," of uncertain origin probably related to Danish spyd, Old Norse spjot "spear," German Spiess "spear, lance"). Meaning "spade" is from 1660s; sense of "short or stumpy person or thing" is from 1680s; that of "potato" is first recorded 1845 in New Zealand English.
- 1. Run the string for the second spud in to the cement pulg.
- 2. To convey oil, build a spud engine on the near oil well.
- 为了要传达油, 建立一个小锄头引擎在那之上近的油井.
- 3. A pre - spud meeting to be held prior to drilling.
- 4. The name is Spud, Sam Spud. I was working late one night.
- 我叫斯普德, 山姆斯普德. 有天晚上我工作到很晚.
- 5. Does the modern world owe its very existence to the humble spud?
[ spud 造句 ]