英 [suːp(ə)rɪn'tend; sjuː-]
- vt. 监督；管理；主管；指挥
- vi. 监督；主管；指挥
TEM8 IELTS GRE
1. in- "into, on" + tend- => intend-: turn one's attention, direct.
2. super- + intend-.
3. => oversee.
- superintend (v.)
- "to have charge and direction of," 1610s, from Church Latin superintendere "to oversee" (see superintendent). Related: Superintended; superintending.
- 1. We should send a man to superintend the erection of machinery.
- 2. How accurate the accredit action that holds superintend and director to check?
- 3. Mr. Superintend, the hole of the lower rudder pintle damaged. It needs to be bored.
- 机务总管先生, 下舵销孔有所损伤,需要镗孔处理.
- 4. How to strengthen trade on the net superintend?
- 5. He was appointed to superintend the toy department.
[ superintend 造句 ]