- seeming (adj.)
- late 14c., present participle adjective from seem. Seemingly in sense of "to all appearances" recorded from 1590s.
- 1. Whatever troubles arise, we'll have peace of mind amidst seeming chaos.
- 2. She handled the matter with seeming indifference.
- 3. For all his seeming calmness, he was really very nervous.
- 尽管他表面上镇定, 其实非常紧张.
- 4. Wall Street analysts have been highly critical of the company's seeming inability to control costs.
- 5. The worst reason to launch an attack would be a fear of seeming irresolute.
[ seeming 造句 ]