- vt. 致使；提出；实施；着色；以…回报
- vi. 给予补偿
- n. 打底；交纳；粉刷
- n. (Render)人名；(英、德)伦德尔
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. Vulgar Latin *rendere (formed by dissimilation or on analogy of its antonym, prendre "take"), from Latin reddere "give back, return, restore," from red- "back" + comb. form of dare "give".
2. rend- "give back, present, yield, deliver; repeat, say again".
3. *rendere => rendre => render.
4. => hand over, deliver; return; represent, depict.
5. surrender, rent => render.
来自古法语 rendre,给回，呈现，出产，来自俗拉丁语*rendere,给予，给回，异化自 reddere, 返回，给予，来自 red-,向后，往回，dare,给予，来自 PIE*do,给予，词源同 donate,edit.引申 诸相关词义。
- render:  Latin reddere meant ‘give back’. It was a compound verb formed from the prefix re- ‘back’ and dāre ‘give’ (source of English date, donate, etc). In Vulgar Latin this was changed to *rendere, perhaps under the influence of prendere ‘take’, which passed into English via Old French rendre. Rent ‘payment’ goes back to the past participle of *rendere.
=> date, donate, rent
- render (v.)
- late 14c., "repeat, say again," from Old French rendre "give back, present, yield" (10c.), from Vulgar Latin *rendere (formed by dissimilation or on analogy of its antonym, prendre "to take"), from Latin reddere "give back, return, restore," from red- "back" (see re-) + comb. form of dare "to give" (see date (n.1)).
Meaning "hand over, deliver" is recorded from late 14c.; "to return" (thanks, a verdict, etc.) is attested from late 15c.; meaning "represent, depict" is first attested 1590s. Irregular retention of -er in a French verb in English is perhaps to avoid confusion with native rend (v.) or by influence of a Middle English legalese noun render "a payment of rent," from French noun use of the infinitive. Related: Rendered; rendering.
- render (n.)
- 1580s, agent noun from rend (v.).
- 1. The Board had been slow to render its verdict.
- 2. He had a chance to render some service to his country.
- 3. These tests were so seriously flawed as to render the results meaningless.
- 4. You can render the chicken down to make stock for soup.
- 5. You will have to render an account of your expenditure.
[ render 造句 ]