- adj. [法] 非法的；违法的；违反规则的
- n. 非法移民；间谍
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 CET6
- illegal (adj.)
- 1620s, from French illégal or directly from Medieval Latin illegalis, from assimilated form of in- "not, opposite of" (see in- (1)) + Latin legalis (see legal). Term illegal immigrant first recorded 1892 in American English (illegal immigration is from 1887).
- 1. By-laws are to make it illegal to smoke in public.
- 2. Discrimination by employers on the grounds of race and nationality was illegal.
- 3. He repeated that he had never knowingly taken illegal drugs.
- 4. Despite his illegal act, few people think badly of him.
- 5. He surmised that he had discovered one of the illegal streets.
[ illegal 造句 ]