词源不确定，可能最终来自 PIE*sker,砍，切，削，词源同 scrap,share,shard.引申词义碎石堆， 岩屑等。
- scree (n.)
- "pile of debris at the base of a cliff," 1781, back-formation from screes (plural) "pebbles, small stones," from Old Norse skriða "landslide," from skriða "to creep, crawl;" of a ship, "to sail, glide," also "to slide" (on snow-shoes), from Proto-Germanic *skrithanan (cognates: Old English scriþan "to go, glide," Old Saxon skridan, Dutch schrijden, Old High German scritan, German schreiten "to stride").
- 1. Occasionally scree fell in a shower of dust and noise.
- 2. He scrambled sideways down the scree slope.
- 3. Scree and grit was under my feet, and made some sounds.
- 4. A farmer comes turn up the soil, scree is thrown a driveway.
- 一个农民来翻地, 小石子被扔回马路.
- 5. Black ice: Old ice that was exposed to extremely cold temperatures, scree, and snowfall.
- 意思是: 是暴露在伴有积雪 、 碎石并在极低的温度下形成的“老冰”(冻了非常旧而没有融化的冰).
[ scree 造句 ]