- vi. 发牢骚；哭诉；嘎嘎响；发呜呜声
- vt. 哀诉
- n. 抱怨；牢骚；哀鸣
1. whinny => whine.
2. wine => whine.
3. => 借酒消愁，酒喝多了就会发酒疯，就会到处抱怨、发牢骚、到处哭诉。
- whine (v.)
- Old English hwinan "to whiz, hiss, or whistle through the air" (only of arrows), also hwinsian "to whine" (of dogs), ultimately of imitative origin (compare Old Norse hvina "to whiz," German wiehern "to neigh"). Meaning "to complain in a feeble way" is first recorded 1520s. Related: Whined; whining.
- whine (n.)
- 1630s, from whine (v.).
- 1. They come to me to whine about their troubles.
- 2. There was a whine of hydraulics as the undercarriage locked into position.
- 3. She spoke with a whine.
- 4. The whine of the motors jangled her nerves.
- 5. Now and again the hunter can hear a long - draw dolorous whine of some unseen coyote.
[ whine 造句 ]