- vi. 打瞌睡；假寐
- vt. 打瞌睡度过
- n. 瞌睡
- n. (Doze)人名；(法)多兹
CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研
- doze (v.)
- 1640s, probably from a Scandinavian source (compare Old Norse dusa "to doze," Danish døse "to make dull," Swedish dialectal dusa "to sleep"); related to Old English dysig "foolish" (see dizzy). May have existed in dialect earlier than attested date. Related: Dozed; dozing. As a noun, from 1731.
- 1. In one room, young mothers weave while babies doze in their laps.
- 2. After lunch I had a doze.
- 3. I had a doze on the train.
- 4. While the adults doze, the young play.
- 大人们在打瞌睡, 而孩子们在玩耍.
- 5. He likes ( to have ) a doze after lunch.
[ doze 造句 ]