- n. 手钻，螺丝锥；鸡尾酒
- adj. 锐利的；有钻洞能力的
- vt. 用螺丝锥钻洞
词源不详。可能来自拟声词，gim, 沙沙作响，-let, 小词后缀。
- gimlet (n.)
- type of boring tool, mid-14c., gymbelette, from Anglo-French and Old French guimbelet, guibelet (12c., Modern French gibelet), which is probably of Germanic origin, perhaps from Middle Dutch wimmelkijn (with substitute of French diminutive suffix), diminutive of wimmel "auger, drill." Middle English also had wimble in the same sense (mid-13c.), probably from an Old North French form of the same word. As the name of a cocktail made with gin or vodka and lime juice, by 1928, presumably from its "penetrating" effects on the drinker.
- 1. "Have you read the whole book?" she asks, gimlet-eyed.
- 2. Tu Wei - yueh's face was dark now , and his gimlet eyes bored into Mo Kan - cheng's.
- 屠维岳 铁青着脸, 尖利的眼光逼住了莫干 丞.
- 3. His glance was like a gimlet, cold and piercing.
- 4. This gimlet bores well.
- 5. In person, he has the air of a philosophy professor rather than a gimlet － eyed financier.
- 索罗斯本人并不像一个目光敏锐的金融家, 他更具有哲学教授的气质.
[ gimlet 造句 ]