- n. 施乐（商标名，美国办公设备制造公司）；影印，静电印刷品
- vt. 用静电复印法复印
1. xero- "dry" + -x (代表：-graphy). 相当于：xmas => christmas.
2. 或者直接将 xeros 'dry' 中的最后一个字母 s 变成 x.
3. 或者从 xero- 的首字母取 x 附加到末尾。
- xerox:  Greek xērós meant ‘dry’ (it may be the ultimate source of English elixir, and is perhaps distantly related to English serene and serenade). From it was derived in the 1940s the term xerography, which denotes a process of photographic reproduction that does not involve the use of liquid developers. And xerography in turn formed the basis of xerox, which was registered as a trademark for the process in 1952 by the Haloid Company of Rochester, New York (later renamed the Xerox Corporation).
=> elixir, serenade, serene
- 1952, trademark taken out by Haloid Co. of Rochester, N.Y., for a copying device, from xerography. The verb is first attested 1965, from the noun, despite strenuous objection from the Xerox copyright department. Related: Xeroxed; Xeroxing.
- 1. The rooms are crammed with humming Xerox machines.
- 2. Could you xerox this letter, please?
- 3. AT & T ran the network, IBM dominated the mainframe - computer business and Xerox was a synonym for photocopying.
- 那时,AT & T经营电话网, IBM垄断大型计算机业务,Xerox就是复印的同义词.
- 4. Xerox set about a process of reverse engineering. It pulled the machines apart and investigated the Japanese factories to find out how they could pull off such feats.
- 5. Xerox these documents,please.
[ xerox 造句 ]