- n. 藤；葡萄树；藤本植物；攀缘植物
- vi. 长成藤蔓；爬藤
- n. (Vine)人名；(葡)维内；(英)瓦因
TEM4 CET4 IELTS TOEFL CET6
- vine: see wine
- vine (n.)
- c. 1300, "plant which bears the grapes from which wine is made," from Old French vigne "vine, vinyard" (12c.), from Latin vinea "vine, vineyard," from vinum "wine," from PIE *win-o- "wine," an Italic noun related to words for "wine" in Greek, Armenian, Hittite, and non-Indo-European Georgian and West Semitic (Hebrew yayin, Ethiopian wayn); probably ultimately from a lost Mediterranean language word *w(o)in- "wine." From late 14c. in reference to any plant with a long slender stem that trails or winds around. The European grape vine was imported to California via Mexico by priests in 1564.
- 1. grapes on the vine
- 2. The vine has begun to grow away from the wall.
- 3. The vine twines round the tree.
- 4. The grape vine climbed up along the wall.
- 5. We reached a beautiful grotto , whose entrance was almost hiden by the vine.
- 我们到达了一个美丽的洞穴, 洞的进口几乎被藤蔓遮掩著.
[ vine 造句 ]