- paternalism (n.)
- "feeling of a father for his children," 1851; "government as by a father over his children," 1866, from paternal + -ism. Related: Paternalistic (1890).
- 1. The government should be guided by the criteria of efficiency and not State paternalism.
- 2. Such programs are often mistaken for corporate paternalism.
- 3. The time has come to turn away from the condescending policies of paternalism.
- 4. Medical paternalism comes from the Hippocratic tradition of ancient Greece.
- 5. Mr Sarkozy says he wants to end French paternalism in Africa.
[ paternalism 造句 ]