- n. 跷跷板
- vi. 玩跷跷板
- adj. 摇摆不定的
比喻用法，词首 see-为 saw 同韵构词，即像锯子一样拉来拉去。
- see-saw (n.)
- also seesaw, 1630s, in see-saw-sacke a downe (like a Sawyer), words in a rhythmic jingle used by children and repetitive motion workers, probably imitative of the rhythmic back-and-forth motion of sawyers working a two-man saw over wood or stone (see saw (n.1). Ha ha.). Reference to a game of going up and down on a balanced plank is recorded from 1704; figurative sense is from 1714. Applied from 1824 to the plank arranged for the game.
- see-saw (v.)
- also seesaw, "move up and down," 1712, from see-saw (n.). Related: See-sawed; see-sawing.
- 1. Specialists see various reasons for the recent surge in inflation.
- 2. I don't see the point in it really. It's just stupid.
- 3. He'd phoned Laura to see if she was better.
- 4. The criticisms will not stop people flocking to see the film.
- 5. He could just about see the little man behind the counter.
[ see-saw 造句 ]