CET6 TEM4 CET4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL
1、con- "together" + vert- + -ion.
2、含义：turn around, transform.
3、con-: together, 表示整个、完全、一起的转变。
4、动词convert的名词形式。noun of action from convert.
con-, 强调。-verse, 转，词源同introvert, versus.指转换的，转变的。
- conversion (n.)
- mid-14c., originally of religion, from French conversion, from Latin conversionem (nominative conversatio), noun of action from past participle stem of convertere (see convert (v.)). General sense of "transformation" is early 15c. Of buildings, from 1921. Conversion disorder "hysteria" (attested from 1946 but said to have been coined by Freud) was in DSM-IV (1994).
- 1. Currency-conversion costs remain one of the biggest obstacles to cross-border trade.
- 2. These are the people who are doing our loft conversion for us.
- 3. It is always worth having a loft conversion costed out.
- 4. It's hard to trust the President's conversion.
- 5. the conversion of farm buildings into family homes
[ conversion 造句 ]