- poppet: see puppet
- poppet (n.)
- "small human figure used in witchcraft and sorcery," c. 1300, early form of puppet (n.). Meaning "small or dainty person" is recorded from late 14c.; later a term of endearment but also in other cases one of contempt.
- 1. How's my little poppet today?
- 我的小乖乖今天好 吗 ?
- 2. Be a poppet and get my gloves.
- 3. But she only shook head and replied,'I have poppet Xiaoqiao.
- 她摇摇头,说: ‘ 我有小巧乖乖. ’
- 4. Ah, john, poppet , of dry what is your father?
- 啊, 约翰, 乖孩子,你爸爸是干什么的呀?
- 5. My poppet, don't cry. Fortunately he didn't snatch you away from me.
- 我的宝贝, 别哭, 还好妈妈没有失去你.
[ poppet 造句 ]