CET6 TEM8 GRE
1. jig "rapid up-and-down motion" + saw. also jig-saw.
2. 含义：vertical reciprocating saw.
3. originally one with pieces cut by a jigsaw.
- jigsaw (n.)
- also jig-saw, "vertical reciprocating saw," 1855, American English, from jig with its notion of "rapid up-and-down motion" + saw (n.1). Jigsaw puzzle first recorded 1906; originally one with pieces cut by a jigsaw.
- 1. This process is akin to piecing together a jigsaw puzzle.
- 2. to do a jigsaw
- 3. Spread out all the pieces before you begin the jigsaw.
- 4. A jigsaw puzzle can keep me absorbed for hours.
- 5. One piece of the jigsaw is still missing.
[ jigsaw 造句 ]